O U R S E R V I C E S
Solutions for Every Tree Care Need
Tree Removal Services in Stanwood, WA
There are two approaches to tree removal. The 1st is proactive, this is the decision many homeowners make to protect themselves and their property from damage. The 2nd approach is reactive – seen in this image. We provide solutions for both approaches! Give us a call if you're looking for tree removal services in Stanwood, WA.
Tree Trimming Services in Stanwood, WA
Trimming trees is an art AND a science. We have the knowledge, tools and expertise to take care of all of your trimming needs. Reduce the risk of storm damage, improve tree health and keep your trees looking beautiful. Call us for all of your trimming needs in Stanwood, WA.
Tree Care in Stanwood, WA
Diseased trees can infect ALL of your trees. Our tree care professionals can identify the many possible culprits of disease, such as fungus, bacteria and insects. Preserve the health and life of your trees and contact us today if you're looking for tree care services in Stanwood, WA. We're here to serve!
Why Should You Consider Hiring a Tree Service?
There are many benefits to hiring a tree service. Here are just a few to consider beginning with the benefits that impact your pocketbook:
- Minimize or eliminate property damage. Trimming the trees close to your home, garage, outbuildings, fence or any part of your property that has value, saves them from branches falling on them and causing damage.
- Save money and stress. Save yourself money and the hassle of dealing with the damage by having your trees trimmed regularly. It can be costly to repair damaged property. Although most Home Owners insurance policies cover damage from trees, you'll still have to pay the deductible and deal with the inconvenience and stress of repairs.
- Are you in the market to sell your home? There's often so much emphasis placed on the interior and exterior of your actual home, that we often forget the property itself, including trees, plants and the yard. Trees that are unkempt and overgrown can reflect on the overall property in the eyes of the prospective buyer. Increase curb appeal and position your home to sell more quickly by pruning the trees and bushes next to your home.
- Increase curb appeal. Trimming trees and pruning the bushes and trees on your property is a quick way to increase curb appeal immediately. Want to freshen up any outdoor space? Take a look at your trees and landscape first. You'll be amazed at what have well-tended trees, shrubs and bushes does to improve the appearance and feel of your yard.
- Improve the overall health of your trees. Trimming is essential to improving the trees ability to absorb nutrients from the soil. Removing some of the larger branches enables the tree to direct its energy to the tree as a whole, giving you a much healthier, stable and happy tree. Contact Stanwood Tree Service for the expertise required to select the branches to remove.
- Catch disease early. Diseased trees are a serious issue that can result in tree removal and impact other surrounding trees. Regular trimming allows you to detect disease before it becomes an issue. Contact us and have one of our experts and arborists come assess your trees.
- Prepare for heavy winds. Living in Stanwood and the Camano Island area, you're familiar with the toll fallen branches and trees take. Trimming prepares your trees for our Northwest storms. A thinner, more balanced canopy reduces the turbulence caused by high-winds allowing the wind to pass through the tree with less friction. Contact us for our strategic tree trimming expertise.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tree Care
- How do I know if I need a tree service? There are several tell-tale signs that it's time to call a tree service. Here are some of the things to look for (some more obvious than others): Leaning trees, tree that doesn't sprout or produce new leaves in the spring, the tree looks diseased and not like similar trees, branches dropping or decaying, holes or cracks in the trunk, damaged or decaying roots, trees that pose a risk to you or your property. Our specialists will come and assess the tree or trees in question and give you recommendations and the best solution that meets your needs.
- Are you license and insured? Yes! We are licensed and insured. Never work with a tree service, or contractor of any sort, if they aren't licensed and insured. It's just too risky. You open yourself up to liability if property is damaged or anyone gets hurt.
- Does tree removal require a permit? In many instances permits are required. And depending on your property and whether it's located in a neighborhood with a Home Owners' Association, approval may be required from them as well. Failing to obtain the proper permit can be costly, resulting in fines for unpermitted work performed and potential discord from your neighbors. It's important to always do your due diligence and educate yourself on the requirements of your neighborhood and local regulations and confirm that the tree service you're working with has applied for the proper permits, etc. Our experts will discuss this with you during the consultation.
- What is your clean-up process? This is something we discuss in detail during the consultation, but clean-up is a big part of the job. Our estimates include general clean-up, but there are additional services available, such as mulching the tree and/or limbs for your yard, cutting the trunk and stacking it for firewood, etc. Some customers prefer to do the clean-up themselves, which is definitely a cost savings, but it is labor intensive and often more work than you realize. Whether you use Stanwood Tree Service or someone else, make sure to have this discussion and that you get it in writing as part of the estimate, so there is no confusion and expectations are clear.
- Do you give detailed estimates? Yes. Our tree removal and tree care experts will come to you, look at your trees and discuss the project and scope of work. We'll then provide a detailed quote that includes the permitting process, the work performed, and the clean-up.
- How much does tree removal cost? The cost of tree removal depends on the tree. The riskier the job, the more it costs. Trimming tall trees involves more risk, time, labor and equipment than pruning smaller trees. Contact our service for a free consultation and estimate.
- How can I save money when hiring a tree removal service? There are several ways to decrease the monetary expense of having trees removed or trimmed. The first place to save is by doing the clean-up and removing the debris yourself. Other ways to save would be to leave the stump rather than having it removed, or grind it yourself and you could keep the wood for firewood and cut and stack it yourself. Another great way to save is to ask for group discounts. If you live in a neighborhood and there are a few homeowners that would also like trees removed or trimmed, you can often negotiate a group price or referral discount.
- Is it better to remove a stump or grind it? It's definitely much more efficient and economical to grind the stump. Grinding the stump creates a woodchip pile, which can be used as mulch for plants in your landscape (garden, yard, flower beds). If the stump is large, it may produce more than you need, so be sure to discuss this with your tree removal expert and that it's included in your estimate.
- How long will the tree removal process take? The length of time it takes to remove trees really depends on how complex the removal process is. There are many factors to consider, such as the site itself (surroundings and conditions of the site), the height of the trees and the season, just to name a few. This is information that's included in the estimate. Tree removal companies that offer you speedy tree removal without seeing the site are a big red flag. Reputable and professional tree removal companies will always come to the site before they provide a quote, which should include how long the project will take.
- Does home owners insurance pay for damage caused by falling trees? Most home owners insurance policies cover damage to property caused by falling trees. Check with your insurance company and do a review of your policy and make sure you have the coverage you need to deal with any unfortunate issues caused by falling trees. And for peace of mind contact Stanwood Tree Service for an assessment of the trees on your property.
Jan H., lives in Stanwood, WA